Sunday, January 29, 2012

A little Goddess Has Returned to Mt. Olympus :(

R.I.P. Miley, the world's kindest guinea pig. May she enjoy her new life in the heavens with her past friends, Jack-Jack and Pizza.


Born: June 27th, 2006
Died: January 28th, 2012 11:45 p.m.

This picture was taken at the beginning of the summer of 2011. She was always such a cutie :)
I'm gonna miss her so much. No, she was not named after Miley Cyrus. I swear she wasn't! I remember the day I got her like it was just yesterday...
It was the beginning of my 4th grade year; me and my good friend Julianna went to the pet store one town over to look at the guinea pigs. The first guinea pig I held was cute, but he had bitten my mom, so she said no to that one. The next guinea pig I held was Miley. She was cute and skittish. I bought her for $30.00, and she was worth every single penny. Because I wanted her to be comfortable with her new home, I came late to the pumpkin scooping that my girl scout troop helped out at. She was small, and always was. I liked to call her a "petite piggle". She was with me through it all: elementary school graduation, first year in middle school, my parent's divorce (and all of their numerous fights and arguments), and middle school graduation. I hoped that she would make it towards Valentines Day, to my 15th birthday, to the last day of my freshman year. But she didn't make it. She died last night.
She suddenly fell sick on Friday night. She became so weak that she couldn't drink from her water bottle; I had to feed her water with a dropper. But her last day was not bad. That morning I changed her cage, gave her a bath, gave her her favorite foods (carrots and lettuce!), and let her cuddle with Pookie, her buddy. Pookie is four years old. Miley was a little over 5 and a half years old. She looked more fragile than ever in her last few hours. I cried all that morning, thinking it would be her last. I couldn't believe that it was. Last night I couldn't even cry when my mom and I found her lifeless in her new, clean cage. All the tears had left already. We buried her this afternoon in a shoebox with her favorite toy; one of those little clapper things that would make a clapping sound when you shook it back and forth. She would bite the part where your hand would go and throw her head up and down. It was both the cutest and funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. Her gravestone is her wooden hutch. I wrote her information down in Sharpie so when time goes by, people will still see who she was. She rests in my backyard with my parakeet Pizza. Hopefully she will be able to catch up with her in the Heavens and on Mt. Olympus. Hopefully she gets all the fresh grass she wants in a long, rolling field. Hopefully she has access to a huge vegetable garden full of carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, and kale, as well as a big apple tree that produces big, red apples of all shades. Let her soul rest in peace. I will love her forever and always. I love you, Miley.

Okay I need to stop typing of I'm gonna cry my eyes out,
Unknown Athena




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry :( I lost my hamster not so long ago too..hurts really bad :( Your guinea pig looks like the one i had :) She's adorable xx

    ReplyDelete