Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guilt...

... And I'm not talking about food here. Actually I am, but not in the anorexic mind-set I would usually be speaking of. I'm talking about hunger. Not that hunger you get just every once in a while or after sports. I mean real hunger. The kind you feel every morning, afternoon and night. The one you sleep with and pray that one day you can get seconds or just have more food for you and your family. I've been obsessing over Freerice.com lately and find it quite addicting. It's almost like school, but in an easier, more fun way. Every answer you get right, Freerice donates 10 grains of rice to help end world hunger. My account has donated over 21,000 grains of rice. Now I don't know for sure how much rice that is if I saw it in front of my face, but it makes me feel good I can get to level 10 on the Spanish subject (they have other languages as well), or somehow manage to get to level 5 on the French one (even though I have no idea how to speak French to save me). Besides Spanish and French, they also have:

-Italian
-German
-County Capitols
-Flags of the World
-Geography
-Chemistry (Basic & Full)
-Math (multiplication & pre-algebra)
-English Grammar & Vocab.
-Literature
-And Famous Paintings

So pretty much everyone besides the music obsessed (A.K.A. myself and my friends) and those who wish to keep learning other languages (A.K.A. me and my other friend) is covered.

In other news, my friend Mischief Managed told me some random news that even I did not know: So my school system thinks the term "foreign language" sounds racist (?), so instead of foreign language, they now call it L.O.T.E (Languages Other Than English). Wierd, I know. Now... Who thinks that foreign language sounds racist? I don't. Weird xenophobes...

-Unknown Athena

P.S. How did everyone fair with Hurricane Irene? I got a few branches and such scattered all over my backyard but that's it. Oh, and we have a bit of flooding and a ton of wind. It's creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment