Saturday, November 19, 2011

Silver Award!

Another thing I'm not quite sure I've mentioned on here: I'm a girl scout. Still. Laugh all you want, because I've been a girl scout for eight years, I think. Since first grade. I'm in 9th grade. So yeah, eight years. I got my "Bronze Award" in 6th grade or something. Apparently all of this stuff looks good on you resume and college applications, so that's the main reason I'm still in girl scouts. Also, I need at least 25 hours or community service before I graduate, so girl scouts is pretty much an easy "A" for that. But I think that if you get like, 25 hours every yeas, or something, you get a better diploma or something like that.

Back to girl scouts, I just earned my Silver Award. Tomorrow I have to go to the girl scout counsal and attend the "Silver Award Seremony", which I'm pretty sure is just a three hour waste of my time. They call up every girl, one by one, to get a little plastic pin painted silver. It's awful, I've heard. Now I have to waste three or more hours of my time when I could be studying. I have three tests this week, and I'm not so confident that I'll ace them all. Especially global history. We're having a Greek geography quiz, and I'm not so good at labeling things on a map, let alone memorize the names of all the places!

-Unknown Athena

P.S. I did enter the contest I had talked about earlier. Wish me luck! :)
P.P.S. I had three slices of my dad's homemade pizza without guilt. My nutritionist will be so happy!

1 comment:

  1. well done! :) And good for you!!! Good luck with the contest :) I'm glad you didn't feel guilt about that pizza, good for you, stay strong xx

    ReplyDelete