Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Do any of you remember the day 9/11? Somehow I only remember bits and pieces. I remember that day quite well because that was going to be the day that I was to start preschool. I was dressed in a cute purple dress and little brown boot-things, and my brother... Well why would I remember that? Anyways, when we got to the preschool it was closed, so we went to the Bagel Store because we has afternoon preschool and it was around lunchtime. When we got home me and my brother were sad because we couldn't find Dora the Explorer and all the channels had the same stuff. Our mom made us do something else because she didn't want us to see all the things on the news. My dad was in California at the time (thank God), so he was very very safe. But that day he was supposed to take a flight back and all the airlines closed down and cancelled their flights because of the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers. So he pretty much was stuck in California for an extra week or so. Oh course me and my brother were crying because we missed him, but children have short attention spans so it wasn't too horrible. Yeah, that's my 9/11 story. I feel really bad though because I don't know if I knew anyone that died, but a lot of my friends lost their uncles and aunts and grandparents and such, so it's an awkward blessing to know no one I remember was killed. It sounds bad but if you have a 9/11 story, please share it. Sometimes it's better to share these things, you know?

-Unknown Athena

R.I.P. those who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001

P.S. Random Fact: the only reason those two guys crashed into the twin towers was because they thought God told them to do it. Seriously stop blaming God!!

2 comments:

  1. How old are you for interests sake? I only ask because you were in preschool during 9/11. It feels so strange to hear that because on the day of 9/11, I was 13yrs old and preschool sounds so young.

    I say this in the nicest of ways. Your most recent rant about ED (October post) is very intelligent for a girl who was in preschool 10yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 14 years old... That might sounds young but my mom says I sounds like an old lady sometimes >.<

    ReplyDelete