Saturday, March 12, 2011

I feel so filled up with do-gooderness!

'Kay, so as you can tell by the header, I feel like a total do-gooder; like a girl scout. Heck, I am a girl scout (legit). Today me and my troop went to a children hospital to do some crafts with them. It was more like a rehabilitation hospital, but I think they also had a "normal" hospital part. We got to meet some of the kids and help them make self-portraits to use on a changeable family tree. The girl I worked with was really sweet. She was only 2 grades below me (she's a 6th grader), and really nice. When she said she was getting discharged on Wednesday, I felt an electric shock of memory go up my spine. It reminded me of when I heard I was getting discharged at the hospital. It just makes you so happy and anxious that you just want to scream at the world, "I'M GETTING DISCHARGED! HOORAY!" Of course I didn't tell her that I knew the feeling, but in a wierd way I kinda wanted to. Anyways, I just wish I could've stayed longer. It made me feel so good and happy to make their day (well, maybe not all of them seemed like we did, but some of them), I think more people should do things like that. Don't you think so?

-Unknown Athena

Question: What thing have you done for someone that made you feel good?

No comments:

Post a Comment